Recently I did an amazing Christmas cooking class with Barb La Ganza from Barbette’s Feast. I learnt so much and had such a fun time as well. Far from being stressed or worried about our Christmas Day spread, now I can’t wait to cook up a storm! One of the dishes that Barb demonstrated was a sensational stuffed Turkey Breast. The stuffing is delicious and looks really impressive when carved. This recipe would work equally well with a Pork Loin (serves 10).
- Whole Turkey Breast OR Pork Loin
- 70g dried cranberries
- 50g shelled pistachios
- 6 slices day old bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp All Spice
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil
- 40g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Tear bread up into small pieces and put in oven proof dish lined with baking paper along with herbs, spices and thinly sliced garlic. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. When done, transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Add lightly beaten eggs, cranberries, pistachios and melted butter, mix through and set aside.
- Lie turkey breast on board with skin side down. Cut in half horizontally from tenderlion side.
- Place the stuffing in the middle, roll up and tie with string.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 1 hour.
- When done, remove from oven and baste with pan juices.
- Cover with foil and leave to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice in to 1cm – 1.5cm thick slices.