With the weather so warm, I’m always looking for simple, quick meals that aren’t too heavy. This warm beef salad is perfect for hot days, and even better if you cook the steak outside on the BBQ.
- 4 grass fed New York steaks
- 4 tsps Cajun or Moroccan spice mix (dried)
- 4 cups of salad greens (mescalin mix, rocket, etc)
- 1 cup of Snowpeas
- 1 cup of Julienne Carrot/shredded vegetables
- 3 tbsps Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsps Olive Oil
- Fresh Herbs, such as Oregano/Thyme (chopped roughly)
- 1 glove of garlic
- 2 Spanish Onions (cut finely)
- Dust steak in the dry spice mix of your choice, cover and leave to marinade for about an hour in the fridge.
- Remove steak from the fridge about 15 – 20 minutes before you are going to cook them and allow them to come to room temperature.
- Preheat your BBQ, fry pan or grill plate.
- Seal off the steaks, and cook to your liking (approximately 5 minutes each side for medium/rare).
- Remove the steaks from the heat, and allow to rest for a couple of minutes.
- While meat is resting, make up the dressing. In a saucepan, sweat off the onions lightly, then mix in balsamic vinegar, olive oil, fresh herbs and garlic. Warm through gently.
- Meanwhile, arrange salad greens and vegetables in individual bowls, slice meat and arrange on top of the salad mixture. Pour over warm salad dressing.