This is a great recipe to serve with roasted meat. You’ve already got the oven on anyway, so you may as well maximise it AND you can relax while the oven does all the work. Consider serving some steamed green vegetables as well – it will be a nice balance to the richness of the meat and cauliflower.
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1.5 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp chilli powder (or omit altogether)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line an oven tray with baking paper
- Trim the base of the cauliflower to remove green leaves and the woody stem, so that you have a flat base.
- In a large bowl (hint: big enough to fit the cauliflower), combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, chilli powder, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.
- Put the cauliflower into the bowl and spread the marinade evenly over its surface. (Excess marinade can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to three days and used with meat, fish or other veggies.)
- Place the cauliflower on baking tray and roast until the surface is dry and lightly browned, about 60 minutes (or until the marinade makes a crust on the surface of the cauliflower).
- Sprinkle parsley on top and cut in to wedges.