A roasted turkey breast is great addition to your Christmas table. It suits smaller families who don’t want to bother with a whole turkey or if you prefer a taste of some white meat. This is really simple to do and best to use a meat thermometer so you don’t overcook the turkey.
- 1 kg free range organic turkey breast with skin on
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 175 degrees.
- Mix butter, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in bowl.
- Place turkey breast skin side up in roasting dish or oven proof skillet.
- Loosen skin with your fingers and brush half the butter mixture over the breast and underneath the skin. Reserve remaining butter mixture for basting.
- Place tent foil loosely over breast and roast in oven for 1 hour. Baste turkey breast with remaining butter mixture and continue to roast until juices run clear approx 30 mins or until internal temperature reads 65 degrees. Let turkey breast rest for 10-15 mins before serving.
- Feel free to make a gravy with the pan juices and serve with this yummy Broccoli Salad.