- 1kg pork belly
- olive oil and sea salt
- 3 green apples, halved
- 2 baby fennel bulbs, sliced finely
- 1 small radicchio lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 handfuls of rocket leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2-3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes and pepper for seasoning
- Remove the pork from packaging and place on a roasting tray and pat dry the skin. Pour over approximately a tablespoon of oil and sprinkle sea salt all over the top and then massage into skin.
- Cook the meat for two hours at 150 degrees until the skin and fat is soft and rendered.
- Add the apples to the bottom of the roasting dish around the pork after 1 hour.
- At the end of the two hours check to see if the skin has crackled. If not, turn your oven up to 200 degrees for 5-10 mins and the skin will crackle and puff under the high heat. Watch it closely so it doesn’t burn. Allow the pork to rest before carving.
- Whilst the pork is resting make your salad. Place sliced fennel and torn salad leaves in a bowl. Add dressing ingredients to a jar and shake well. Wait until you are ready to serve before dressing the salad.
- Place the pork belly on your chopping board skin side down as it’s easier to cut without breaking the crispy crackling too much.
- To serve, place some apples and salad on each plate and add a slice or two of pork belly.