You can make this sauce in advance and keep it in a jar in the fridge to pour over your next dinner.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small red onion
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp sugar (coconut or rapadura)
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp Tamari
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- Finely chop garlic, onion, chilli and add to small saucepan.
- Add cumin and coconut oil and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients except water and fresh coriander. Mix vigorously to form a paste.
- Return saucepan to hotplate on medium heat. Start to gradually add the water whilst consistently stirring. Simmer for 3-5 mins, stirring so it doesn’t stick. More water will give you a runner sauce.
- Stir through coriander and then pour sauce over steamed chicken thighs and vegies for a quick satay chicken.