This chicken and bacon recipe works well for dinner but you could also use the chicken and bacon mixture for lunches during the week. Double the recipe and then store half in the fridge and use as need during the week.
- 1kg Free Range Chicken Thighs
- 8-10 slices Free Range bacon
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsps dried thyme
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsps olive oil for slow cooker
- 3 tbsps olive oil after cooking
- 1 tbsp salt
- Place all the ingredients into your slow cooker and mix together. You can roughly chop chicken and bacon if you desire but its not necessary.
- Cook on low temperature for anywhere from 4 to 6 hours depending on how much time you have.
- Shred the meat and mix through with the 3 tbsp olive oil.
- Serve with a refreshing cucumber salad, in lettuce cups topped with avocado or as burritos.