This pork recipe comes from The Greengrocer’s Diet Book by Judy Davie. We put together a great new product The Greengrocers Meat Box which includes a variety of protein options so you can cook your family recipes from the book. The book and delivery is include for FREE!
- 1 Pasture Fed Pork Neck, diced
- 2-4 tbsp plain flour
- 2-4 tbsp smoked paprika
- pinch of salt and crack of pepper
- olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green capsicums, deseeded and sliced into stripes
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 x 400g can diced tomatoes or 800g passata
- 20 stuffed pimiento green olives
- In a bowl combine flour, smoked paprika, salt & pepper. Toss through pork to coat.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large oven proof dish. Add a small handful of pork and brown for 3-4 minutes, turning regularly. Remove to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining pork, cooking in small batches.
- Add oil to saute onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add in capsicums and mushrooms and stir for 5 minutes.
- Return pork to pan with remaining ingredients (except olives).
- Cover the dish and place in oven at 140 degrees for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from oven when you are ready to eat and stir through olives.
- Serve with your choice of rice, mashed potato or zucchini noodles.