We seem to be on a roll with the sunny weather (fingers crossed), so here’s another BBQ recipe; this time it’s some grown up beef burgers.
- 1 kg grass fed beef mince
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tsps chopped chilli
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsps tomato paste
- 2 tbsps fresh coriander
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 125g can corn kernels
- Lettuce, or green leaf of your choice
- 6 bread rolls
- Mix together the mince, onion, chilli, cumin, tomato paste and chopped coriander. Divide into six portions and shape into burgers.
- Cook the burgers on a hot, lightly oiled BBQ for 4 – 5 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, dice the avocado and toss with the lime juice. Add the tomato and drained corn kernels and toss lighty.
- Place your favourite lettuce on the base of each bread roll, add a burger, and a good helping of avocado salsa.
TIP: Serve with icy cold beer and wine.