This Spicy Chilli Con Carne recipe is a great one to double the mince on so you can re-purpose the leftovers into tacos, burrito bowls, pies or even served on a baked potato.
I love my slow cooker and use it all year round. The joy in having dinner done when we all get home after a long day is just the best. My new slow cooker has the ability to sear on the stove which is great for quick preparation.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 1-2 chorizo sausages, diced
- 500g beef mince
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced (Use a Microplane and grate straight over the pot)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Chipotle powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika (if you like it hot and smokey then use Smoked Paprika, otherwise Sweet Paprika provides a sweeter flavour to calm down the heat).
- 400g can of diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat coconut oil in bottom of slow cooker and sear onions for about 5 minutes. Place sliced chorizo into pan and brown.
- Place mince into slow cooker and stir, breaking it apart to ensure it is browned all over.
- Add garlic and spices and stir for 1 minute to release the aromas.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar and stir to combine.
- Cook on medium for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Serve your Chilli Con Carne in a bowl topped with sour cream or yoghurt, some coriander leaves and a side of jalapenos if you’re game.