- 1.5kg Grass Fed corned beef
- 3tbsp honey
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 star anise
- 1.5tsps ground allspice
- 1 onion, halved
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2tsps soy sauce
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1tsp mustard powder
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- Bring meat to room temperature, and pre-heat your slow cooker.
- Place the meat in the slow cooker and pour in enough water to come three-quarters of the way up the side.
- Whisk together the honey, vinegar, spices, onion and Worcestershire sauce and pour over the meat.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 5 – 6 hours on High or 10 – 12 hours on Low until meat is tender.
- Remove the meat from the cooker and place in a baking dish. Heat the oven to 180C.
- Mix together all the glaze ingredients and pour over the meat. Place in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes, basting once or twice with the glaze during cooking.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for least 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and greens.
TIP: This recipe is best done on low for 10 to 12 hours. If you don’t have time to do it during the day, you can do it overnight, refrigerate, and then just do the glazing step when you’re ready to eat.