I’ve been working on this salad for awhile and am now satisfied that it tastes just like a great version I used to get at a Thai restaurant in Crows Nest many years ago.
- 650g of Grass Fed Rump or New York steak
- Olive oil for brushing
- 3 cups salad greens
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 8ths
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, sliced
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 larged chillies, shredded
- 2/3 cup basil
- 2/3 cup coriander
- 2/3 cup mint
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- Juice of two limes
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- Preheat BBQ or frying pan and brush steak with olive oil. Cook steak for a few minutes each side (this dish is best served medium rare) and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss the salad greens, tomatoes, cucumber, onions, chilli, basil, coriander and mint together in a bowl.
- Combine soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar.
- Slice the beef into thin strips and place on the salad. Pour dressing over the top.