Cooking chicken breast sometimes falls off the radar as the weather cools down. Here are a few tips for cooking this delicious and versatile meat all year round.
- Stuffed chicken breasts – These often look fancy but are actually simple to do. The easiest way to stuff a chicken breast is to make a slit down the side of the breast, stuff it with your choice of filling, and then wrap it in bacon, prosciutto or ham. Bake in a hot oven until cooked through.
- Crumbed chicken breasts – Make sure that your chicken pieces are all of the same thickness so that they cook evenly. After you’ve fried the chicken finish it off in the oven.
- Soup with chicken breasts – Few things beat chicken soup when someone’s not feeling well. Chicken breast is ideal to add to a range of soups, and can be cubed, sliced or shredded to suit your tastes.
- Curries with chicken breasts – While they’re all delicious, some of the best chicken breast curries come from Thailand, where you can choose from green through to yellow and red.
- Risottos with chicken breasts – For a warming meal to feed a crowd you can’t go past a risotto. These are also great dishes to stretch out a couple of chicken breasts to feed many.
- Pies with chicken breasts – Chicken breast makes a great addition to a pie, staying moist and tender, without adding any extra fat to the mix. For the simplest pie of all, choose a recipe that just uses pastry on top.
What’s your favourite way to cook with chicken breasts? Share with us below.