Stroganoff is a favourite in our household and of course we usually use Rump Steak but we thought we’d give chicken a go this week. It’s the first time we’ve had Chicken Stroganoff but since I had chicken breast in the fridge to use up we had to give it a go.
- 700g Free Range Chicken Breast, thinly sliced
- 1 medium brown onion, diced
- 2-3 gloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 100g chicken broth
- 1 tsp seeded mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- pinch of black pepper
- 200g sour cream
- 1 tsp salt
- handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Grab a large pot and turn your hot plate to medium. Add oil and saute onion and garlic.
- Add mushrooms, chicken broth, tomato paste mustard, Worcestershire sauce, smoked paprika and pepper to pot. Place lid on pot and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Now add in your thinly sliced chicken breast and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in sour cream, parsley and salt.
- Serve with pasta, rice or zucchini noodles and enjoy your Chicken Stroganoff.
This was thoroughly enjoyed by all the family and the leftovers were just as nice for lunch the next day.