This is the kind of side dish that elevates any piece of protein you pop on your plate. It is also a great side dish for any festive feasts you may be celebrating.
Glazed carrots are so easy to make and this dish is simple enough for any family member to cook.
- 1kg carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1/3 cup soft brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your carrots and slice into bite sized pieces
- Heat a large pan / skillet that has a lid on medium heat
- Melt the butter
- Add the carrots and cook for 5 minutes or so until they caramelise.
- Add the orange zest, juice and sugar. Give it a good stir.
- Turn the heat to low, cover and allow the carrots to cook in the glaze for 10 minutes or so. Give it a stir or shake along the way.
- Season with salt and pepper and place into your favourite serving dish.