No Mayo Crunchy Coleslaw
I was making coleslaw and didn’t have any mayonnaise or avocado oil to make my own. So I came up with this dressing for my coleslaw. The chili flakes are optional but I thoroughly recommend adding a few.
- 1/2 red cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Prepare and chop all your salad ingredients and add to a big bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Mix your dressing ingredients in a jug or glass jar.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve along your favourite protein.
NOTE: Put aside in a separate container any salad you won’t eat tonight before dressing. You can eat this for lunch tomorrow.