Pork with Honey, Garlic & Butter
Need an easy dinner for date night? Pork medallions are nice and lean and super simple to cook and the sauce is done in the same pan. I served this with a crunchy coleslaw but if you want to save on preparation time then buy a salad kit.
- 4 x Pasture Fed Pork Medallions
- 20g butter
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Remove pork from fridge about 20 minutes before you plan to cook it. It will take the chill off so it cooks evenly.
- Pre-heat your frypan to medium to low heat. Add a splash of oil so the medallions doesn’t stick.
- Pan fry pork medallions for approximately 3 minutes each side and remove to a plate.
- Add in your butter, garlic, honey and vinegar. Give it a stir and simmer for 3 minutes to slightly thicken.
- Return pork to pan to heat through and finish cooking if necessary.
- Served medallions with this crunchy coleslaw salad.
Michele Lyons spent 25 years working in the corporate environment with 10 years as an Executive Assistant at a senior level. A couple of years ago Michele decided to forgo the long hours in the city to work closer to home and spend more time with her two teenage boys. Michele started working with us at the Farmers Markets and her excellent organisation skills meant she quickly moved into the office. Since Michele joined The Free Range Butcher her role has expanded to include all things administration, recipe testing, inspirational ideas, marketing, communications and all round keeping the team organised and on track. As long as Michele’s has had her morning coffee you can ask her anything!