Sausages are a family favourite and this dish to easy to make and fun to eat. The whole family will love it and it’s an easy mid-week meal or when entertaining friends on the weekend.
- 4-6 Thick Beef Sausages
- 1 cup Italian marinara sauce
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum and 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 to 6 long bread rolls or hot dog rolls
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 to 6 slices mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp both salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp each of freshly chopped parsley or basil
- Cook sausages. Either bake in the oven, cook on the BBQ or ideally in a pan you can continue the recipe in.
- Heat olive oil in your frying pan.
- Fry off your garlic and onion for 3 minutes and then add your capsicums and cook until soft.
- Put the sausages back in the pan and mix.
- Add your marinara sauce and gently stir to combine.
- For best results toast your buns in the oven. Once toasted, slice open and assemble your hoagie.
- Place sausage and marinara mixture into bun and add a slice of mozzarella cheese. Place back into the oven for a minute or two to melt cheese.
- Top with more capsicum and onions and sprinkle with parsley and basil.
- Serve with chips if you like and then Eat and Enjoy!
Michele Lyons spent 25 years working in the corporate environment with 10 years as an Executive Assistant at a senior level. A couple of years ago Michele decided to forgo the long hours in the city to work closer to home and spend more time with her two teenage boys. Michele started working with us at the Farmers Markets and her excellent organisation skills meant she quickly moved into the office. Since Michele joined The Free Range Butcher her role has expanded to include all things administration, recipe testing, inspirational ideas, marketing, communications and all round keeping the team organised and on track. As long as Michele’s has had her morning coffee you can ask her anything!