One Pot Chicken & Rice
We all love a dish that uses just one pot and saves on the washing up. This dish tastes delicious and will feed the family and also give you some leftovers, which is always a bonus.
- 5 chicken thighs, cut in half
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 large celery stick, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2/3 cup frozen peas
- 1 heaped teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- Brown chicken thighs and set aside
- Sauté vegetables until soft
- Add rice and herbs, sauté further 5 mins
- Add stock, tomatoes, peas and garlic and stir to combine
- Add your brown chicken thighs
- Put the lid on or cover tightly with foil
- Bake at 190c for 15-20min or until rice has absorbed the liquid
- Serve in a bowl with a big spoon!
Michele Lyons spent 25 years working in the corporate environment with 10 years as an Executive Assistant at a senior level. A couple of years ago Michele decided to forgo the long hours in the city to work closer to home and spend more time with her two teenage boys. Michele started working with us at the Farmers Markets and her excellent organisation skills meant she quickly moved into the office. Since Michele joined The Free Range Butcher her role has expanded to include all things administration, recipe testing, inspirational ideas, marketing, communications and all round keeping the team organised and on track. As long as Michele’s has had her morning coffee you can ask her anything!