- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 340g orzo pasta
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 spring onions or bunch chives, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted (heat them in a dry skillet over medium-low heat, tossing often until golden)
- Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, honey and oil. Season to taste and set aside.
- Cook the orzo in the chicken broth until tender, stirring often so it doesn’t stick. Drain well but do not rinse. Stir in a little dressing so the pasta doesn’t stick whilst cooling.
- Add the tomatoes, spring onions, basil and spinach to orzo.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad mix and stir to coat. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to serving platter.
- Sprinkle the feta and pine nuts over the top.