Don’t be fooled by the title, this recipe is actually done in the slow cooker! The BBQ mention refers to the sauce flavours; a fantastic mix of tangy and sweet.
- 8 Free Range Chicken Cutlets
- 1 x 425 g canned diced tomatoes (or equivalent amount in Passata)
- 1 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs brown sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped (to serve)
- Pre-heat your slow cooker (remember to always do this).
- Place chicken cutlets in slow cooker.
- Mix all the other ingredients together and pour over chicken cutlets.
- Place lid on your slow cooker and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Scoop chicken cutlets (with sauce) on to a serving plate and sprinkle over the chopped basil.
- Serve with steamed rice or noodles.