- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1 stubbie of your favourite beer (340ml)
- 3 rashes of pasture fed bacon
- 3/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Thoroughly grease a bread/loaf pan.
- Cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Lightly beat egg and honey, then pour onto flour mixture and mix with wooden spoon.
- Add beer and mix the batter. Add bacon and cheese and fold through batter.
- Spread batter evenly into loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes. Test with a skewer to ensure cooked through.
- Allow the bread to cook in the tin for 5 minutes and then turn out onto wire rack.
- Cool for 10 minutes before cutting.