With our new little boy, time is more precious than ever, so super quick meals are the order of the day! Stir fries are quick to prepare, fast to cook, and there’s not too much washing up either – that’s three big ticks in my book!
- 3 chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine (or dry sherry)
- 2 tsps cornflour
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp ginger, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup pumpkin, thinly sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 3 tbsps oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 shallots, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the chicken with 1tbsp of the soy sauce, the sesame oil, shaoxing wine and cornflour. Mix well and set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok. Add the ginger and garlic and stir fry for about a minute.
- Add the pumpkin and chicken (discard the marinade) and stir fry for about 5 minutes until the chicken is browned.
- Add the snow peas, the remaining soy sauce, oyster sauce and stock. Stir fry for an extra minute, then stir in the shallots.
With boiled rice, serves 4