- 1kg free range chicken cutlets
- 4 rashers pasture fed bacon, chopped
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250ml apple juice
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 500ml chicken broth
- 125ml cream
- 1 tbsp basil, rosemary or oregano, roughly chopped
- 20g butter
- 2 apples, cut into thin wedges and core removed
- Preheat oven to 180c and heat large frypan over high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides for about 3 mins each and transfer to baking dish.
- Add bacon and onion to pan and stir until onion softens. Add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add apple juice and bring to the boil for about 5 mins until liquid reduces. Add mustard, chicken broth, cream and herbs and stir through for 2-3 mins.
- Pour over chicken and bake for approximately 40 mins.
- Melt butter in frypan and add apples, cooking on both sides until caramelised. Add apples to chicken in last 5 mins of cooking.
- Roast some potatoes & brussel sprouts whilst oven is on and chicken is cooking and serve.