I’d been meaning to make this for ages and finally got around to it the week before last. It was really good (if I do say so myself!) and I can’t wait to make it again. It was also a winner because *everyone* ate it! Serves 3 – 4 as a main meal.
- 500g pork mince
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 red capsicum, diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 zucchinis, grated
- 2 x 230g can of water chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 iceberg lettuce, cups trimmed and washed (see tip)
- Heat oil on medium heat. Add garlic, ginger and shallots, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mince and stir until brown.
- Add capsicum, carrot, zucchini, water chestnuts, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Simmer for 3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, add coriander. Mix.
- Serve in lettuce cups.
- Iceberg Lettuce is typically used in this recipe, however I find that Cos Lettuce makes perfect boats that don’t fall apart
- If I can, I do the preparation earlier in the day and then it’s just a quick 10 – 15 minutes to cook and dinner is on the table.