Turmeric is one of my most favourite spices and I consume it every day. Be careful when marinating these as turmeric will stain your hands and possibly your kitchen bench. Its worth it though as these are delicious.
- 1kg free range chicken cutlets
- 3 tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp Tamari or soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- Mixed vegetables for roasting like beetroot, cauliflower and pumpkin
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a bowl and then add chicken cutlets. Massage marinade all over cutlets and leave for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Place half a cup of water in the bottom of a casserole dish. Place cutlets into dish, add chat potatoes in between, place lid on casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes at 180c.
- Cook other vegetables on top shelf of oven whilst cutlets are cooking.
- Remove lid and cook for a further 15 minutes to get nice crispy skin.
- Serve cutlets with roasted vegetables and steamed greens.