We try to do Meat Free Monday each week, so it’s often the night that we have soup too. This zucchini and parmesan soup is a year round favourite and super easy to make.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 kg zucchini (approx. 10 medium size zucchinis), roughly chopped
- 3 cups Free Range Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated (plus extra shaved parmesan for serving)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add garlic, onion and zucchini
- Cook for a few minutes, then add chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Allow to cool slightly and blend until smooth.
- Return saucepan to the heat and stir in grated parmesan cheese and cream.
If you’re feeling fancy (sometimes I am, sometimes I’m not) serve the soup topped with shaved parmesan.