This sausage and zucchini dish is a winner on flavour, is budget friendly and as a bonus uses only one pan. You can use any sausage you like but find something big on flavour like our Chicken & Jalapeno sausages
Everything about this recipe is quick and easy. Thinly sliced onion and zucchini so it cooks quickly and using a packet of sausages means there is no chopping of meat. Just squeeze the sausage meat out of the skin to create little meatballs.
You can also bulk up this recipe to feed a larger family. Add more zucchini, through in some mushrooms or maybe add a capsicum.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat
- Squeeze sausage meat out of skins into little meatballs
- Fry meatballs until just cooked through. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your pan
- Remove sausages once cooked, or push to the side of your pan.
- Drizzle olive oil in middle of pan and add in your onions and fry for 3-5 mins
- Add garlic to the pan and fry for 2 mins
- Put all zucchini in the pan and fry, stirring gently for 5 mins until soft but not mushy
- Add your Italian Herbs and gently stir
- Place sausages back into pan if necessary and gently mix the entire dish together
- Serve and enjoy.
This is a great dish for dinner, lunch or even add an egg for a protein rich breakfast.