A Tzatziki Sauce can go with so many options but is obviously a favourite with Lamb Souvlaki. This recipe will take you no more than five minutes to make. We are keeping it simple and using Greek yoghurt as it is readily available and is nice and thick and creamy which is what you want for Tzatziki sauce.
- 1 cup full fat Greek Yoghurt
- ½ cup grated cucumber
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated (don’t be tempted to use more as this is going in raw)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- Grate cucumber and then place in a towel and squeeze out excess water. Don’t skip this step.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and you are done.
- Chill until you are ready to use.
You can also serve your Tzatziki sauce over roast vegetables, on a crunchy crudité platter, alongside some falafels and of course with cheese and crackers.