My sister Diana made this for us recently and it reminded me how much I loved it. Serves 4 – 6.
- 500g grass fed beef mince
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2tbsps tomato paste
- 400g can peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1kg potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 75g butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat and cook the oil, onion and carrot for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the mince and cook for 3 minutes or until browned. Stir through the tomato paste, tomatoes, and stock. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the peas and simmer, uncovered, for a further 15 minutes or until all the liquid has evaporated. Set aside.
- Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and mash with the butter and milk then stir through the parmesan.
- Spoon the meat mixture in to an overnproof dish. Top with the mash and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with steamed green vegies or a salad, and some crusty bread.