- 1 Whole Free Range Chicken
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 apples
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium onion
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Rub oil on the chicken and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Chop onions into large pieces.
- Put the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan and surround with onions.
- Combine Dijon mustard, honey, and chicken broth and pour over the chicken.
- Roast the chicken for 55 minutes, basting halfway through.
- Chop apples into similar large pieces like the onions. Sprinkle with brown sugar and add to the pan.
- Roast for a further 60 minutes.