Whilst we might not have had many sunny days this summer, it’s still pretty warm and cooking outside is always a good option for keeping the house cool.
- 4 pork medallions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Greek seasoning
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g feta cheese
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 200g haloumi cheese, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Warm pita bread and yoghurt dip to serve (optional)
- In a small bowl blend together the olive oil, Greek seasoning, parsley and garlic to a smooth paste. Spread the paste over the pork medallions and allow to marinate for up to 4 hours refrigerated.
- BBQ pork medallions on a medium heat 4 – 5 minutes each side and allow to rest in a warm place for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Combine the crumbled feta, parsley leaves, tomato, olives and cucumber in a small bowl with the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Heat a small non-stick pan over a low heat and spray with a little oil. Pan fry Haloumi cheese until golden on each side. Drain on absorbent paper.