This is one of my absolute favourite recipes. We cook this often during BBQ season.
- 1 Pasture Fed butterfly leg of lamb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 gloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons mint jelly
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Place lamb in large shallow dish, pour combined oil, garlic,mustard, wine and rosemary over lamb. Cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove lamb from marinade; place marinade in small saucepan and reserve.
- Place lamb, covered with foil, on heated oiled barbeque; cook for about 30 minutes or until cooked as desired; turning halfway through cooking time.
- Brush lamb all over with jelly; cook, uncovered, until jelly melts and forms a glaze. Stand lamb, covered, for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, add stock to reserved marinade; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve sliced lamb with sauce.
The lamb can also be cooked, covered, in a hot oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked to your liking.