- 8 Free Range Chicken Cutlets
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 fennel, thinly sliced
- 8 lemon thyme sprigs
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place chicken cutlets in a large, sealable bag. Add flour and season with cracked black pepper. Seal bag and shake to coat the chicken.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in an ovenproof pan with a lid, and brown chicken in batches. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat slightly and add garlic and onions. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour stock into pan and use a wooden spoon to stir the bits on the bottom of the pan into the stock.
- Place chicken pieces back into pan. Add fennel and lemon thyme, and cover the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Serve.