A yummy dish that includes winter vegetables and hearty herbs. I chose to brown the chicken pieces first and I think it was worth the extra step.
- 8 chicken thigh fillets
- 3 tbsps of flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 12 cloves of garlic, peeled, and thickly sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 parsnips, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- Place the chicken pieces into a clean plastic bag (see Tip below) with the flour and paprika and toss to coat.
- Optionally, heat a knob of butter in a heavy based pan and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Put the garlic, carrots and parsnips in to the slow cooker, sit the chicken pieces on top and scatter over the rosemary leaves. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the chicken stock and cover with the lid.
- Cook on low for 6-7hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Serve the chicken with the sauce from the slow cooker, the carrots and parsnips and any other seasonal vegetables. Serves 6-8.
TIP: Use a zip lock bag rather than a freezer bag and you’ll find that the flour and paprika mixture will perfectly and evenly coat the chicken pieces.